FactsWise is a research-based approach to teaching basic facts fluency that prioritizes 5s, 10s, and part-whole thinking (Common Core Level 3 thinking). Students who experience FactsWise teaching for 5 to 15 minutes every day have been found to be substantially more flexible and fluent with their basic facts than students using worksheets and timed tests. See Investigating a Research-Based Approach to Basic Facts Acquisition (Henry, 2008) for findings.
To learn more about FactsWise or to schedule a FactsWise inservice, please contact:
FactsWise starts with whole-class learning experiences, engaging students with each goal first through hands-on (concrete) activities, then helping students learn to create and interpret representations, and finally moving to abstract practice activities.
- Valerie Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FactsWise online e-courses are now available for both addition/subtraction and multiplication/division at www.factswise.thinkific.com. The e-courses include:
FactsWise Resource Books can be purchased separately at www.factswise.thinkific.com. If you are thinking about enrolling in a FactsWise e-course, please note that the Resource Books are included in the price of the e-course and you will be able to download them directly from the e-courses at www.factswise.thinkific.com.
- FactsWise Resource Book for Addition and Subtraction
- FactsWise Goal-by-Goal Resource File - this 300+ page resource is now included in the FactsWise Addition/Subtraction E-Course for Educators
- FactsWise Resource Book for Multiplication and Division
- FactsWise Multiplication/Division Goal-by-Goal Resource File - this 300+ page additional resource is now included in the FactsWise Multiplication/Division E-Course for Educators
We also invite you to visit the FactsWise blog to learn more about classroom activities to help your students become more flexible and fluent with their basic facts.